July 20, 2014

my song

I see something in you that I have never seen before,

I’ve felt it, but I have never seen it



And every day, it grows in me, this love,

The one everyone speaks of freely, in a way that cheapens it,

I don’t even want to call it love anymore,



Because I know what I feel is new, and different from what little minds describe

Something that only the soul has sung about,



It is freedom, fun, passion, acceptance; it is true connection with another being.



If you want to call it love, you better honor it with the respect and distinction it deserves.



I find myself lost when I open my eyes,

Lost in lies that I have helped create, just by going along,



Earlier I said I have felt it,

I felt it in a dream I knew I was having,

And in that dream I thought, this is something I will never experience while awake,

I learned to distinguish real from fake,

At least in my dreams



With you, I feel it while awake,

I can close my eyes and feel it, and in feeling it, my heart hears it in your voice

All this time I’ve wanted to write a song,

And I just did,



This is a song only your heart can hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment