July 20, 2014

easy

It was easy for me, because I felt it,
She thinks it was all a lie, because I took it back,
I took it back because I don’t feel the same anymore

It was easy,
I told her I thought I knew love before,
She thought she wouldn’t suffer anymore,

I told her, our love would be eternal,
She said she’d written about that in her journal

I told her my love was unconditional
She said she thought love like this was fictional,

See I told her I didn’t know love like this existed,

But just like it happened, it ended,

When I say it was easy, it’s not because I lied,
It was easy because I truly felt love for her, deeper than the fucking ocean
There was power in my devotion
Yet in the end it’s like I got my love from some potion,
It didn’t need an antidote the effect just ran out, just like my emotions.

Today she wants to know why?
And I will lie to her eyes,
Just to give her something that feeds the need she has to make sense of this,
Because how can you explain this, when there was so much passion in that kiss?

What she will never believe, is that I don’t know what happened either…

No comments:

Post a Comment