May 1, 2010

you gotta be realistic

"you gotta be realistic"

I hear this a lot, people telling me, thinking its gonna get me to think "ok" yeah what I say sounds good, but(but is like saying fuck it), when you say but, you might as well forget about everything you said before, you want an example?

I love you but...

hey I know you are busy but...

I'm sorry I woke you but..

the truth comes after but, so...when people say they like what I'm saying but, I know their truth is what comes next

I say "you can do anything you want, everything is possible, you want to have your own business? shit that's awesome, you can do it, just focus on what YOU want, I know it might take time, you can start now though"

then I get, "yeah it's what I want, it's my dream but, I gotta be realistic"

now what if my reality is your fantasy? I see possible what you see as unreachable, I mean there are things I might see as out of reach, yet someone else might say you got it, just reach out and grab it.

Now you can be right about your "reality" because if you dont do what you gotta do to make it happen, then your reality remains, yet if you do what you've never done, to get what you've never had, then YOU make your own reality.

Thing is, no matter what you do, a big decision means a big sacrifice, sacrifice can go from moving, to having people criticize you, think you dont't love them, and even leaving those who love you, the tricky part is to no matter what, be happy with your decision, because it's about your dream. It's not about being selfish, it's about loving yourself.

I used to think my dream was out of reach, that being realistic meant I wasn't gonna make it, I wouldn't be able to sell my script, it wasn't good enough, and I was right, because I didn't do shit.

Now this is my reality,
I want to, wait no, I'm committed to selling my movie script, then I'm gonna win an oscar for one of my screenplays, it was my dream, and I made a decision to make it my reality, and as long as I take action, I'm on the way,

I can easily give up though, not send it out, and the reality can be the opposite, I can be right either way, depending on how I go about it,sure it might not happen, difference is, instead of thinking what if it don't happen, I'm thinking,

what if it does?

11 comments:

  1. This was an okay post, BUT I loved it!

    Enjoy your day and good luck with the screen play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jaja thank you Romance, you too, I had a great day actually, filled with love, I hugged a lot of people today, a lot!!! most of them I met for the first time, so it felt great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "what if my reality is your fantasy?"

    stumped....bowled over....ah...just dont have words to describe.

    Happy to read this post. Gives me a lot of inspiration.

    Thanx Frank. Its happy to be back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im glad you are back Anshul, and thanks.

    Whenever we are open, we can find inspiration almost anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, pursue it, though I'm a little late on commenting.
    Hoping things went well if you did send it in...?
    Either way, hope the days are treating you well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks, captain,

    I havent sent it in, I learned a few things about the structure, and Im taking a class on screenwriting this saturday

    im fucking hyped up!! jajaja

    I cant wait, and I am gonna follow through, dont matter what happens, thanks

    hope things are going well with you,

    have a crazy weekend, do something new

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your screenwriting, I like the questions posed in this...you've obviously thought it through pretty deeply :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much, I'm determined with my script

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how you think. I just came to the realization if I want to write for a living, well... I better actually start writing. Thanks for more encouragement

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds wonderful Multi, I'd love to see your writing

    ReplyDelete